March 19, 2012

The Wearin' O' the Green


St. Patrick's day fell to a Saturday this year.  I think that took a bit of the excitement out of it for the older boys.  They would have probably loved spraying their hair green for school. I didn't tell them that I bought a bunch of green hairspray when it was on clearance after Halloween for that very purpose.  Oh well, I guess there's always next year.  No, wait!  That wouldn't be so great for church, huh?

Instead, we all slept in and had our traditional green shamrock pancakes a little later than usual.



I had to deliver some cupcakes to Riverton by noon, so the family all went together and we stopped by IKEA for lunch.  Nothing like eating Swedish food on an Irish holiday!

When we got home, Garrett and Ella wanted to play with bubbles while Brevin and Spencer wanted to play the Wii with the friends who had come over (I was watching them for my friend who had to take her three year-old son to the instacare to have a bead extracted from his nose).


For dinner, we had our Pot of Gold soup and fruit rainbow.  There were some extra cupcakes, too.  I made sure of that.



Then I made everyone come outside and take some pictures before the daylight was gone so we could remember just how festive and green we all were for this annual celebration.  The kids all wanted to pose on the trampoline.  Whatever.


Happy St. Patrick's Day 2012! 

This post authored by Amber

No comments: