December 17, 2008

I'm Telling You Why!

Brevin had been wanting to write a letter of intent to Santa Claus for some time now. I just couldn't get it together enough to help that happen. I suppose the next best thing is to make your wishes known in person, so that is just what we did.

The boys donned their Santa hats and we headed to Santa's most recently known location, the Provo Towne Center Mall. This was the same place we managed to catch the jolly old fellow last year, so when Brevin approached him he asked, "Santa, do you remember me?" Santa quickly (and I would add, cunningly) responded, "Why yes, but you've grown a bit since I saw you last!"

Picture taking ensued, then of course the usual conversation of "what would you like for Christmas" and so on. Brevin informed Santa that he wants a Ripstick. Santa counseled that he would first need a helmet, knee pads, and the like. Spencer shyly asked for Hulk Smash Hands and a Hulk mask to go with them. They talked of cookies and carrots on Christmas eve, and Santa quizzed Brevin on his knowledge of reindeer names. I believe he named six of the nine. Yes, the visit was everything the boys had hoped for, and what they talked about all day!

Oh, and don't be surprised if you find the above picture on all Christmas correspondence for a full year. Isn't it awesome!

This post authored by Amber

6 comments:

Joy said...

I am so glad that you are a blogging MACHINE right now! :) I love the photo and the conversations the boys had with Santa. Do you think Garrett's eyes will stay blue? I recall you saying that your other boys' eye colors changed late, but his eyes just seem so BLUE... Just wondering!

Julie said...

What an awesome picture! You can compare it to mine :-).

Heather said...

Yes...totally awesome picture! What a great experience. I hope ours goes a little better next year. It went okay...but not at all the magical experience you hope for (like yours!)

Mandy said...

I can't believe all three are looking at the camera at the same time! The stars have to be perfectly aligned to get all of mine . . . it doesn't happen very often!

CJ said...

Those are some good-lookin' boys! Glad to hear that the Santa visit went well. I don't think we have ever braved that, and Juliet is 8. Oh well, no harm, no foul.

Pickle said...

such a cute picture!