October 12, 2008

The End of a Season

I remember sitting at my kitchen table and writing all of the dates in my calendar for Brevin's soccer practices and games and thinking, "This is insane! My life will now be so completely devoted to soccer, and the season's going to last forever!" It didn't do anything to relive my anxiety to add to the mix Jason's appointment as coach (he found out about a week and a half before the first game that he was expected at a coaches meeting the next evening).

Well, as it turned out, it wasn't so bad after all. I'm surprised at how quickly the time passed, abruptly bringing an end to another sport season. Brevin's teamates, the "Eagles", were relatively young and inexperienced, but they developed into decent players after all of those games. Then again, so did every other team, so I guess it's all relative.

This post authored by Amber

2 comments:

Tahiti Chick said...

Yay for soccer season! I love watching kids play soccer. It's got to be one of my favorite things. From the goalie doing handstands, fifty kids crowded around one ball forgetting 'who's turn it was' to the midfielder picking the white-bleached grass. It's great fun!

Pickle said...

Hey Guys, you're blog is so cute! Wow what beautiful eyes Garrett has, all your boys are so cute! It is so fun to catch up on your life. This will be fun!