...I am providing the world with intimate details about my "quirkiness!" Okay, that was a gross exaggeration. I know the world does not read my blog. But for those of you who do, here are my responses to being tagged. Be forewarned: There may be excessive "horn tooting" by yours truly in this post!
Ten quirky things you may not know about me (but then again maybe you do...oh well):
1) I am a bit of a show-off. I know. You are all shocked. I especially enjoyed showing-off in front of my young women when I served in that auxiliary. I guess I wanted them to know that just because you are old (and not that I am, but I'm sure they think I am) doesn't mean you can't kick everybody's trash when it comes to canoe racing, potato sack races, and mashed potato eating contests. I guess this also reveals that I am a bit competitive, too.
2) I love the TV show Survivor. I have faithfully watched every episode since season two. To justify my addiction to the reality show, I have attempted to draw parallels between the show and gospel topics and even put them into a Sacrament meeting talk. Lame, I know! I would say that I also love The Office, but so does everyone, so that's not exactly quirky. Plus, I don't think I can talk about it in church!
3) I like to make really cool cakes for birthdays. It's probably my only artistic talent. They're all about looks, though. Using that much food coloring makes the frosting taste bitter.
4) I really like all holidays, but Halloween is especially fun because it allows me to play out a childhood favorite pastime of dress-ups.
5) Lately I have been hooked on the story of Stephanie Nielson. I follow her blog and her sister's religiously. One thing I have picked up from that is a desire to take self-portraits more often, as Stephanie was known to do. Jason rolled his eyes the last time he went through our memory card and saw my face all over the place.
Did I say ten quirky things? Well, I'm going to have to give up at five. Now all of you who have taken the time to read this post are realizing that you've just wasted five minutes of your time!
This post authored by Amber