September 29, 2012

Seasons of Change


I'm shocked at how quickly the portraits in my front room no longer accurately represent the members of my family.  My children's pudgy, baby faces are replaced with leaner, wiser ones in a matter of months, and the old photos are only slightly reminiscent of their present day appearance.  Seasons change.  Faces change.

I guess it's as good a time as any to say, "out with the old, and in with the new," right?  Well, that is what our intentions were when we made an annual drive up Nebo Loop to look at the changing, fall leaves.  We paired that with taking family pictures to update the older photos.

I can see why we only try the family photo thing once a year.  It is exhausting, and, quite frankly, a tad bit stressful. I think it's a challenge because we shoot for optimal sunlight time (which is limited), and we work with a tripod and a timer (which is time consuming).  Not to mention, our first attempts rarely turn out, and each successive photo that is taken becomes more desperate.  It's a good thing we take a billion pictures.  Some are bound to turn out and are worthy to take their spot on the front room wall.  Here is a collection of those (and a few that didn't "make the cut"):

I'm kind of wishing Garrett and Ella would've choreographed their
nose picking, thus only ruining one picture instead of two.

At this point, we might as well wreck a photo on purpose.






 
Hmm...see if you can guess why Garrett and Spencer would be making moo-ing faces.
 (Can you also guess why my face is so tense?): 


Ta-da!  We took a decent family picture,
 
and, boy, was it exhausting!

 
Very exhausting....
 
 
....very,very exhausting!


This post authored by Amber



 

No comments: