September 7, 2012

So, It's Come to This...


Ella's propensity for climbing has necessitated some changes around the house. For quite some time she has been able to climb out of her crib.  No problem. She then started to climb up on the side of her crib in the middle of the night to get a pacifier out of the top drawer of the seven drawer dresser.  Umm....big problem!  The crib was taken down and stored away for a fourth time and a toddler bed was put in it's place. 

It's official then, I suppose.  Ella is no longer a baby.  She is very much a toddler.  I guess I should have seen this coming.  I mean, she's all of a sudden started talking now, adding words to her vocabulary like bottle, buckle, cereal, rain, guys, what, boo, poo, toot, bless you, thank you, grandpa, and even baby.  Yes, she's used the term "baby" to describe another child, so I think it's time to face the fact that the days and months are sneaking past me and this little one is growing up. And fast.

Sometimes I feel a little desperate because the only "pause button" I have access to in this whirlwind pace of life is the shutter button of my camera.  At least there are a few moments when I can look down on Ella as she sleeps and still think of her as my sweet, little baby (even if she is in a toddler bed).


 
 
This post authored by Amber
 

No comments: