November 14, 2012

He Shoots. He Scores.


I think the post title pretty much sums up Spencer's second season playing Jr. Jazz basketball.  Basketball really seems to suit him very well.  He moves on the court with fluidity and ease, he watches constantly for the open teammate to pass to, and he is an effective defender as well.  He's really entertaining to watch.

While I can't take credit for Spencer's God-given, natural abilities, I can be given my dues for trying to cheer him on and watch most of his games while wrestling with wiggly, younger siblings who want to run laps around the gym.   I can also take credit for the photos and video I managed to get that capture him in action and verify my words of boasting (although the pictures didn't turn out that great.  The lighting in the gym is terrible for photography novices like me). Jason can claim partial responsibility for Spencer's success, though.  He was his coach, after all.  (He was also very likely the primary genetic contributor to Spencer's talent pool.)

At the end of the season, Spencer's team was playing so well together and all players had improved their skills.  They also bonded as friends and had a great time learning and playing the game of basketball.  It turned out to be a fabulous sports season.




 This post authored by Amber

No comments: