July 1, 2009

Playing Favorites


After a shopping trip to Wal-Mart with the boys, I waited with them in the van in the parking lot of Pizza Hut. We had redeemed the final personal pan pizza Brevin had earned through his reading program at school, and I was about to make him split it with Spencer for lunch. When out of the blue, Brevin made this comment, "Mom, we still like you, but not as much as we like Dad."

Please understand, I had, not too long before this declaration of loyalty toward Jason, informed them that they would not be receiving the ice-cream cone from McDonald's I had tried (unsuccessfully) to bribe them with in hopes that they would behave well for me at Wal-Mart. I also informed them that since I was good at the store, I was still going to stop at McDonald's to get said cone for myself...and I wouldn't be sharing!

But even so, I can't say that I blame Brevin for his remarks, nor did they upset me too much. I mean, let's be honest. Jason is pretty amazing!



The pictures for this post were obviously taken on the most recent Father's day. Quite appropriate for the written content, don't you think?

This post authored by Amber

1 comment:

Joy said...

Haha SO funny! You're a good sport. (and yeah, daddies are often more fun than mommies)