March 13, 2009

Celebrating A Life

On his birthday, we decided to celebrate Brad's life by gathering as family, and expressing our love in for him in deeply meaningful ways.

I picked Brevin up from Kindergarten and the boys and I drove to Brigham City. I dropped them off with my sister-in-law, Lisa, and she graciously watched them so that I could attend a session at the Ogden temple with my siblings and Brad's wife and family. I can't think of a more appropriate or poignant way to help fill the void created by a tragic loss than to worship in the Lord's Holy House and be reminded of the eternal nature of families. It was indescribably comforting to participate in that session!

When we returned to Brad and Jenny's home, we made the trip out to the graveside to sing "Happy Birthday!" and let off balloons in his honor. It was also nice to see that the headstone was in place.


We finished off the evening with birthday cake and ice cream and a quiet drive home in the dark. It was a good day.

This post authored by Amber

3 comments:

Julie said...

Very cool. What a perfect way to celebrate the life of your brother.

Heather said...

What a great idea. I bet that was a bitter-sweet day for you and your family.

Pickle said...

I'm glad you guys got to celebrate his life. A neat day to be together and remember Brad.