July 18, 2012

Celebrating Springville

Each year in June, our city puts on a week-long celebration known as Art City Days.  It is a great way to get involved in community events that foster pride in our hometown.  It is also a great kick-off for summer related activities.

We often go to the dollar night at the carnival and get a scone or two to share from the Kiwanis booth. 



The children love to dress up in costumes for the children's parade and they always garner the most attention for their "get ups."  


A great spot was secured for the Grand parade and we enjoyed two hours in the comfort of our shade canopy, having candy and salt water taffy thrown our way.


And my final commentary on Art City Days will concern the "solo drummer" who is entered in the parade every single year.  We have no association with this person, but it has been a long-standing family joke to take his picture as he goes by.  I have years worth of pictures of this person I do not even know, so I may as well post one on my blog.  What else am I going to do with the photos?


Happy Art City Days!

This post authored by Amber

No comments: